KB Books: SDSU Refund/Exchange Policy
The standard refund/exchange deadline for textbook purchases and rentals is one week after classes begin (1/23/13), or within 2 business days for non-SDSU students. A 10% restocking fee will be deducted from the refund unless the student can show proof of dropping the class.
January 31, 2013 extension for dropped classes: For students who drop courses for which their textbooks were purchased or rented, the refund deadline is extended to the second week after classes begin (January 31, 2013, by 6 p.m.).**
**For the extended drop deadline, you will be asked to show a printout of your current class schedule verifying that you have either dropped or are not currently enrolled in the courses for which your textbooks were purchased.
Books that are purchased January 23, 2013 through February 4, 2013 can be returned within 2 business days of purchase.
Books purchased February 5, 2013 through May 16, 2013 will not qualify for any refund or exchange.
Additional Refund Terms:
- Custom course readers, study aid materials, test preparation books, duplicated notes and opened access codes are non-refundable.
- Books that are purchased new must be in their original condition (i.e.no markings, creased or torn pages, highlighting or water damage;shrink-wrapped items must be unopened and in their original factory wrap).
- Credit card refunds will be issued to the account used in the original transaction. Personal checks will be refunded in cash.
- Items must be returned to the original store of purchase.
- Returns/exchanges must be accompanied by proper cash register receipt.
- General Merchandise may be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase.
General Merchandise (non-textbook items) returned for refund or exchange must be in original packaging with all labels intact and attached, undamaged and in saleable condition within 30 days from date of purchase. The bookstore reserves the right to determine the condition of the merchandise.
RENTALS ARE DUE THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013 BY 5PM. Click here for rental policy.
We make every effort to provide accurate course material information, however it is the student’s responsibility to verify with his other instructor what is required for the course. We recommend not opening any textbook packages or marking any of your textbooks until this information is verified. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding our store policy.